Cherry tomato, macadamia, walnut and silverbeet pasta
Dinner, Lunch, Quick/Under 30 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- ½ cup walnuts, raw roughly chopped (60g)
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, raw, unsalted roughly chopped (70g)
- 1 cup fresh low GI breadcrumbs
- 400 g spaghetti
- 500 g cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ bunch silverbeet or kale leaves, torn (170g)
- 1 lemon zest
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Warm half the olive oil and half the garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Add all the breadcrumbs, and half the walnuts and macadamias.Cook, stirring regularly for 5-6 minutes until fragrant and toasted. Tip into a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook spaghetti according to packet directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
- While pasta cooks, return the large skillet to medium-high heat and drizzle in remaining olive oil. Add cherry tomatoes and remaining garlic. Sautéfor approximately 5 minutes, until tomatoes begin to break down.
- Add reserved pasta cooking water, silverbeet, and remaining walnuts and macadamias to pan with tomatoes. Cook for a minute or two, until greens are just wilted. Remove from heat and stir through lemon zest.
- Add parsley to cooled breadcrumb mixture. Serve pasta with generous spoonfuls of sauce, and plenty of nutty breadcrumbs on top.
Courtesy of Nuts for Life
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.
Nutritional information (per serve)
Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 18.2g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 4.1g | Sodium: 215mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5.2g