Cajun style lamb chop tray bake
10 minutes minutes
30 minutes minutes
- 8 lamb loin chops trimmed of excess fat
- 2 fresh sweetcorn cob cut into pieces
- 2 red capsicum (pepper) sliced
- 1 red (Spanish) onion cut into wedges
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 80 g baby spinach leaves
- 400 g black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice blend
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 handful fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- sour cream
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place corn, capsicum and onion onto prepared tray. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with half the Cajun spice blend and toss to coat. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place lamb chops and remaining spice blend in a large snap lock bag and rub to coat. Remove tray from oven, add tomatoes to tray and toss well to coat. Place lamb chops on top of vegetables. Cook for a further 10-12 minutes, until lamb is cooked to your liking, turning chops and adding beans to tray halfway through cooking time.
- Serve lamb tray bake with baby spinach, diced avocado, coriander sprigs, sour cream and lime wedges.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.