Low GI Pumpkin Hummus with Pita Bread
15 minutes minutes
35 minutes minutes
- 700 g butternut pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 1 can chickpeas 400g, drained
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini hulled
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- low GI wraps to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin, chickpeas and garlic onto the prepared baking tray and drizzle with 1 Tbs olive oil. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the pumpkin is cooked through and slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and place into a food processor with remaining olive oil, tahini, lemon juice and cumin. Pulse until smooth and creamy. If needed, add 1 Tbs water to reach desired texture.
- Transfer the hummus to a medium plate, top with coriander, sesame seeds, and a sprinkle of cumin.
- Toast low GI pita bread and serve with the hummus. Enjoy
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.