Barley Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
5 minutes minutes
- 1 cup mixed salad leaves torn
- ½ Lebanese cucumber chopped
- 150 g cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ red (Spanish) onion finely chopped
- 1 cup pearl barley cooked
- 180 g salmon fillet cooked or chicken, chopped
- ½ avocado chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- ¼ cup reduced fat greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- In a small bowl or jar, add Greek yoghurt, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Mix or shake well.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients (except dressing) and toss gently.
- Drizzle over dressing and mix well to coat allthe salad ingredients.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.