Apple bircher muesli
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup natural yoghurt
- 2 lemons juiced
- 3 apple Royal Gala, Fuji or Red Delicious
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 2 tbsp dried pears chopped
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts roasted, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- honey to taste
- Place the oats in a large bowl and stir through the milk and yogurt. Take 2 of the apples, cut into quarters and leaving the skin on, coarsely grate. Toss in the lemon juice and stir into the oat mixture.
- Stir through the sultanas and dried pears. When ready to serve scatter over the hazelnuts, pepitas and sesame seeds. Divide among 4 bowls. Slice the remaining apples and put on top. Drizzle with honey to taste.
Tip: Vary the seeds according to your preference
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.