Agave Glazed Grilled Salmon and Vegetables
35 minutes minutes
10 minutes minutes
- 230 g salmon fillet, skin off
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mixed vegetables steamed
- 4 clove garlic
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60 ml agave
- Place the salmon fillets in a sealable bag or medium bowl.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix all of the marinade ingredients together. Pour half of the marinade over the salmon fillets, reserving the other half for later. Ensure the salmon is evenly coated with the marinade. Seal the bag or cover the bowl and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Remove the salmon fillets from the marinade and discard the used marinade. Place the salmon in the heated pan.
- Cook the salmon on one side for about 2-3 minutes, then carefully flip it over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Remove the cooked salmon from the pan, cover and allow to rest.
- Pour the remaining marinade into the pan on medium heat until the liquid reduces and thickens slightly, creating a glaze.
- Serve cooked salmon with the reduced glaze and steamed vegetables. Broccoli works well with this dish.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.