Potato and cauliflower masala dosa
- 300 g (10oz) lower-GI potatoes, such as Carisma, cut into 3 cm (1¼in) cubes
- 350 g Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp Curry leaves, plus extra to serve
- Olive oil spray
- 1 Brown onion, sliced
- 2 Long green chillies, sliced, plus extra to serve
- 30 g Fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp Yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Ground turmeric
- Coriander (cilantro) sprigs, to serve
- 150 g Reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup Chickpea flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup Wholemeal (wholewheat) flour
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 1 Small handful coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- Olive oil spray
- To make the masala:
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan of water and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and cook for 8 minutes. Add the cauliflower and cook for a further 2–3 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and the potatoes are soft when tested with a knife. Drain the vegetables and set aside.
- Lightly spray the extra curry leaves with olive oil. Cook in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 1–2 minutes or until crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Spray the frying pan with olive oil and place over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until softened. Add the chillies, curry leaves, ginger, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and turmeric.Cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add the potatoes, cauliflower and ¼ cup water. Stir for 1 minute or until the mixture is combined and the potatoes are slightly mashed. Cover and keep warm while you cook the dosa.
- To make the dosa:
- Combine the flours with 1¼ cups) water and whisk to make a runny batter.
- Stir in the coriander.
- Spray a large frying pan with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Add one-quarter of the batter to the pan, tilting and swirling to make a thin round.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then turn over and cook for 1 minute or until golden.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter to make four dosa in total.
- To serve:
- Divide the potato mixture among the dosa, fold over and top with the yoghurt, coriander sprigs, chilli and fried curry leaves. Sprinkle with freshlyground black pepper and serve.