- 200 g firm green pears, stem removed and cored
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds, dry roasted and cooled
- 150 g carrots, peeled and grated
- 150 g firm tofu, diced into 1cm pieces
- 3/4 cup pre-cooked canned lentils, drained
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- spray of rice bran oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain low fat yoghurt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
+SAVE RECIPE / SHOPPING LIST
VIEW SAVED RECIPES
PRINT, DOWNLOAD, SHARE
Preheat oven 180°C or 160°C fan force.
Cut the pear flesh into dices 1cm square pieces and put into bowl – grind the cumin seeds in the mortar and pestle; sprinkle over the pears and toss to coat well.
Combine the carrots, tofu, lentils and orange zest – mix well.
Lay one sheet of pastry on the bench – spray lightly with oil. Top with another sheet and repeat until the pastry is all used.
Spoon the carrot mixture down one side of the assembled pastry layers – top with diced pears – sprinkle with ground black pepper; roll and pull in the ends to make a sealed package – lift onto a baking paper lined baking tray. Spray with a light coating of oil and bake until browned and crisp – around 45 minutes.
Combine the yoghurt, mint and pepper – serve the sliced strudel hot with the yoghurt and green salad or steamed vegetables of your choice.
Energy per serve: 1343kJ
Gi estimation: 34 (Low), GL estimation: 12
Recipe and image supplied by Horticulture Australia Limited. For more recipes go to www.rediscoverthepear.com.au
Carbohydrates: 34.5g | Protein: 13.8g | Fat: 12.4g | Saturated Fat: 4.1g | Sodium: 260mg | Fiber: 7.7g | Sugar: 16.8g