- 30 g canola salt reduced margarine
- 250 g Swiss brown mushrooms sliced
- 2 garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¾ cup pecans 80g, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Brazil nuts 30g, chopped
- ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 8 sourdough bread or GF bread, to serve
Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add the canola margarine.
Sauté the mushrooms with garlic,thyme, lemon juice and olive oil. Remove from heat and cool.
Place the mushroom mixture in a food processor or blender and blend with nuts until smooth.
Stir through parsley and serve with sourdough bread.
Keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. Makes 2 cups.
Recipe courtesy of Nuts for Life.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.
Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 20mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g