Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 ¾ cups Clever low GI white rice
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- ½ cup mixed seeds (pumpkin and sunflower)
3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/3 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1/3 cup currants
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (parsley, mint, basil)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- Cook rice according to instructions on-pack until al dente adding turmeric to the cooking water.
When cooked, spread out in a thin layer on a large tray to cool.
When cold, put the rice in a large bowl with the tomatoes, red onion, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, pine nuts, pecans, currants, spring onion and green herbs.
- To make the dressing whisk together the olive oil, orange zest and juice. Season to taste, pour over salad and lightly toss.
2210 kJ/530 calories; 10g protein; 27g fat (includes 3g saturated fat; saturated : unsaturated fat ratio 0.1); 58g Carbohydrate (includes 10g sugars and 48g starches); 5g fibre; 21mg sodium; 546mg potassium; sodium : potassium ratio 0.1; GI estimate Low