You need 8 small bamboo sticks to make the kebabs
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 400g deboned chicken thighs, skinned and cut into about 2 cm pieces
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups pearl couscous
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup shelled peas
- 1 cup diced carrot
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- If you are cooking the kebabs on a barbecue with an open flame, you’ll need to soak the bamboo sticks in water for 15 minutes before using.
In a small bowl mix olive oil with chilli powder, curry powder, cumin seeds and paprika.
Cut chicken into pieces and toss with half the spicy oil. Thread chicken pieces onto sticks and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Place remaining spicy oil in a non-stick pan with onion and cook, while stirring, for 3 minutes before adding pearl couscous. Stir well and add chicken stock, peas and carrots. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Season with pepper to taste.
Place kebabs on a grill plate and cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
At the same time, cook cherry tomatoes on the grill.
Spoon the pearl couscous onto plates and top with the kebabs and tomatoes.