Rice and Sweet Corn Salad with Blueberries and Pecans
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 ½ cup Low GI brown rice
- ½ cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- 2 medium cobs fresh sweet corn
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Cook both the rice according to directions on pack. Drain well and spread out in a thin layer on a tray to cool.
- Rest the tip of the cob on a cutting board at a 45 degree angle and run a sharp knife lengthways slicing off the kernels.
- Put into a large bowl with both rice, pecans, blueberries, onion, celery, and parsley.
- To make the dressing whisk together the orange juice, zest, olive oil and season to taste. Pour over salad and lightly toss before serving.
1800 kJ/430 calories; 7g protein; 21g fat (includes 3g saturated fat; saturated : unsaturated fat ratio 0.2); 51g Carbohydrate (includes 6g sugars and 45g starches); 5g fibre; 14mg sodium; 374mg potassium; sodium : potassium ratio 0.1; GI estimate Low