Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- ¾ cup Low GI brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed
- 1 cup, packed, chopped spinach
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 C (fan 160C). Lightly grease a 22 cm round ovenproof pie dish with olive oil or line the base and sides of a 22 cm spring form pan with baking paper.
- Cook rice according to instructions on-pack and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the rice, zucchini (make sure as much liquid as possible is squeezed out), spinach, peas, parsley and ricotta. Season to taste and blend thoroughly.
- Fill into pie dish and bake about 30 minutes or until the point of a fine bladed knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
960 kJ/230 calories; 12g protein; 10g fat (includes 4g saturated fat; saturated : unsaturated fat ratio 0.7); 21g Carbohydrate (includes 4g sugars and 17g starches); 2.5g fibre; 144mg sodium; 344mg potassium; sodium : potassium ratio 0.4; GI estimate Low