Total time: 25 minutes
Vegan – Gluten-free – dairy free – Low GI
“I love this super simple, 5-ingredient Low GI Breakfast (or dessert!).”
- 1 ½ cups SunRice Low GI White Rice (raw)
- 400ml almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup mixed seeds and/or nuts
- Add rice, almond milk, cold water, seeds/nuts, and maple syrup to a saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of toppings such as berries, fruit or toasted nuts/seeds.
By Lyndi Cohen, Accredited Practising Dietitian and Nutritionist and SunRice Health and Wellness Ambassador