A twist on a classic chicken stir fry with the addition of the pearl couscous and delicious butternut pumpkin.
about 250 g deboned, skinless chicken pieces
1 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
juice of ½ lemon
1 tsp corn flour
1 tbsp vegetable oil
½ clove garlic, chopped
¼ onion, chopped
½ cup pearl couscous
1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
½ cup shelled peas
½ cup diced butternut pumpkin
about ½ cup bean sprouts, cleaned
freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp roasted cashew nuts
2 tbsp coriander leaves
- Cut the chicken into bite-size strips.
- In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice and corn flour, then mix this well with the chicken strips.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Stir in the garlic and chicken pieces and stir-fry on high heat for just a few minutes until the chicken is just cooked. Transfer the chicken pieces to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the chopped onion to the wok and stir-fry for about 20 seconds.
- Add the pearl couscous and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add the stock, peas and pumpkin. Cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes until the couscous is cooked.
- Add the bean sprouts and chicken season with pepper and gently mix well .
- Garnish with cashew nuts and coriander leaves and serve.
2030 kJ/ 485 calories; 38g protein; 20g fat (includes 4g saturated fat; saturated : unsaturated fat ratio 0.25); 36g available carbs (includes 7g sugars and 29g starch); 5g fibre; 750mg sodium; 785mg potassium, GI Low; GL Low.
This recipe was kindly supplied by the team at Blu Gourmet Pearl Cous Cous. For more like this click here