Frozen Berry Rice Cream
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups Clever low GI white rice
- 3 cups soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 cup reduced fat cream
- 250 g fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries) mashed
- Line a 22cm freezer-proof loaf pan with cling wrap.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on-pack.
- Put in a pan with soy milk and vanilla and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the mixture is thick and creamy. Cool.
- Lightly whip cream to very soft peaks and then stir in the berries. Fold into the rice mixture, blending well and spoon into prepared pan. Gently press down and smooth the top.
- Cover tightly with cling wrap and freeze. If frozen overnight leave the loaf at room temperature for 20 minutes before slicing.
1035 kJ/250 calories; 6g protein; 10g fat (includes 5g saturated fat; saturated : unsaturated fat ratio 1.0); 32g Carbohydrate (includes 15g sugars and 17g starches); 3g fibre; 57mg sodium; 250mg potassium; sodium : potassium ratio 0.2; GI estimate Low