Chicken Corn Tortillas
This quick and easy lunch idea gives you the protein and low GI carbohydrates you need to keep you going through-out the afternoon with that unique Mexican flavour.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: nil (if purchase BBQ chicken)
4 Mission® Mexican White Corn Tortilla
¼ cup guacamole
½ BBQ (or roast) chicken, meat shredded
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
½ cup tasty cheese
- Spread 1 tbsp guacamole down the centre of one warmed corn tortilla.
- Top the guacamole with some of the shredded chicken.
- Top chicken with lettuce, chopped tomato and cheese.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with remaining 3 tortillas and ingredients.
- Fold each tortilla into a taco and serve.
Energy 1,166 kJ, Protein 25.5g, Fat 15.8g, Saturated fat 8.6g, Total carbohydrate 8g, Sugar 0.6g, Fibre 1.8g, Sodium 395mg
GI estimation: 46 (Low)
GL estimation: 4
Recipe and image kindly supplied by Mission Foods Australia. For more recipes go to www.missionmenus.com/au