- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 4 salmon fillets, each about 125 g
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups pearl couscous
- 2 1/2 cups hot strong chicken stock (low or reduced salt)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cleaned bean shoots
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 spring onions, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 4 quarters of lime or lemon
- In a small bowl mix oil, curry powder and chilli paste.
Very lightly brush salmon fillets with half the spicy oil.
Place remaining spicy oil in a non-stick pan with onion and cook on medium heat while stirring, for 3 minutes. Add pearl couscous, stir well and add hot chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 8 minutes. Season with pepper to taste and stir in bean shoots and spinach leaves. Stir again and cook for a further 2 minutes until couscous is done.
Place salmon on a hot grill plate and cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
Spoon pearl couscous onto plates and top with salmon fillets. Sprinkle with spring onions and coriander leaves and serve with lime quarters.