Warm Sweet Potato & Spinach Pasta Salad
15 minutes minutes
25 minutes minutes
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 170 g pasta penne is recommended, however, any short pasta and even rice or quinoa will work in this recipe
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ lemon juiced (approx 1 tbsp)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan force and line a large baking tray.
- Toss sweet potato with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cumin, chilli flakes, paprika and garlic powder. Once the sweet potato is cooked, remove from the oven and sprinkle with cumin mixture.
- To make the dressing – whisk together the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey/maple syrup and dijon mustard in a small jug (the mixture will become quite thick! We will add pasta water to thin it out later).
- Cook pasta according to packet directions or until al dente. In the last minute of cooking , add 2 tbsp of the pasta water* to the dressing. Whisk to combine and add a little more water at a time if dressing is too thick to drizzle.* If making this recipe with rice or quinoa, simply use plain cold water to thin the dressing.
- Drain pasta and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the roasted sweet potato, baby spinach and tahini dressing. Toss to combine and serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.