Vegetarian Pearl Couscous with roasted vegetables
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Sweet paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Medium Dutch carrots, unpeeled
- 200 g Butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 ½ cm sticks
- 1 Red capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 Brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Pearl couscous
- 2 cup Vegetarian stock
- 1 cup Shelled peas
- 2 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- A few sprigs of coriander leaves or parsley
- In a small bowl mix olive oil with chilli powder, cumin seeds, paprika and a little pepper.
- Place carrots, pumpkin and capsicum on a roasting tray lined with baking pepper and season with half the spicy oil. Roast vegetables in a hot oven at 180°C until carrots are soft (about 30 minutes).
- Place remaining spicy oil in a non-stick pan with chopped onion and cook, while stirring, for 3 minutes before adding pearl couscous. Stir well and add stock and peas. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Spoon pearl couscous on plates and top with roast vegetables. Sprinkle with nuts and seeds and garnish with herbs.