Vegetable and rice ragout with mussels
- 2 Pouches microwavable SunRice Low GI white rice
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1 Large eggplant, cut into chunks
- 3 Medium zucchini cut into chunks
- 1 Large red capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 4 Large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Plump garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1.5 kg Mussels, scrubbed, tufts removed (NOTE: prawns, fresh salmon chunks or shredded cooked chicken can be used)
- 1/2 cup Chopped fresh green herbs
- Cook the rice according to instructions on-pack.
- Heat the oil in a large sturdy pan. Add the eggplant, zucchini, capsicum, onion, tomatoes, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over a moderate heat stirring occasionally until the vegetables start to soften. Add the rice with the water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the mussels, cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes or until the mussels open.
- Scatter with herbs and serve immediately.
GI Estimate: Low