Vegetable and rice ragout with mussels
- 2 cups SunRice Low GI white rice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 eggplant cut into chunks
- 3 zucchini cut into chunks
- 1 red capsicum (pepper) cut into chunks
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 4 roma tomato chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ kg mussels scrubbed, tufts removed
- ½ cup fresh herbs chopped
- Cook the rice according to instructions on-pack.
- Heat the oil in a large sturdy pan. Add the eggplant, zucchini, capsicum, onion, tomatoes, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over a moderate heat stirring occasionally until the vegetables start to soften. Add the rice with the water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the mussels, cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes or until the mussels open.
- Scatter with herbs and serve immediately.
Gi Estimate: Low
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.