Vegan Pearl Couscous and Orange Salad
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 ½ cups pearl couscous
- 3 cups vegetable stock hot
- 400 g chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 400 g butter beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup walnuts
- 16 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp fresh chives finely cut
- 3 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 4 orange small, cut into segments or slices
- 8 radishes medium, sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Pour 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add curry powder and pearl couscous and stir on medium heat for 20 seconds. Add vegetable stock and season with a little salt and pepper. Bring to a low simmer, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- When cooked, transfer to a tray and spread the couscous briefly, separating the grains with a fork. Once cold, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a bowl mix remaining 3tbsp of olive oil with the lemon juice and a little salt and pepper. Add the cooked couscous and gently mix to separate the grains. Gently add the chickpeas, butter beans, walnuts, cherry tomatoes, chives and parsley.
- Garnish with oranges segments and radish slices.You can easily adapt this salad to your taste. It can be served with a mixed green salad.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.