Vegan Pearl Couscous and Orange Salad
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups pearl couscous
- 3 cups hot vegetable stock
- 400 g can of chickpeas, drained andrinsed
- 400 g can of butter beans, drainedand rinsed
- 1 cup walnuts
- 16 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp finely cut chives
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 small oranges, cut into segments or slices
- 8 medium radishes, sliced
- 1 lemon, juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add curry powder and pearl couscous and stir on medium heat for 20 seconds. Add vegetable stock and season with a little salt and pepper. Bring to a low simmer, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- When cooked, transfer to a tray and spread the couscous briefly, separating the grains with a fork. Once cold, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a bowl mix remaining 3tbsp of olive oil with the lemon juice and a little salt and pepper. Add the cooked couscous and gently mix to separate the grains. Gently add the chickpeas, butter beans, walnuts, cherry tomatoes, chives and parsley.
- Garnish with oranges segments and radish slices.You can easily adapt this salad to your taste. It can be served with a mixed green salad.