Tuna falafel and tabouleh salad
- 400 g cooked chickpeas rinse and drained
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander (cilantro)
- 2 green shallots thinly sliced
- 185 g light tuna in spring water drained
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped, or fresh parsley
- ground black pepper to season (optional)
- 1 ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 300 g tabouleh salad tub, prepared
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 200 g reduced fat tzatziki dip to serve
- Process chickpeas, garlic, cumin and coriander in a food processor to form a paste.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, stir in shallots, tuna, flour and coriander. Season with pepper if desired.
- Press level tablespoons of mixture into small patties.
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick frypan. Add half the falafel patties. Cook over a medium-high heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel. Repeat step with remaining oil and falafel patties.
- Divide tabouleh, tuna falafel and lemon wedges between four containers. Serve with tzatziki.
- Tuna falafel patties can be cooked a day ahead. Keep refrigerated in a container.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.