Tuna falafel and tabouleh salad
- 400 g can chickpeas, rinse and drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 185 g can light tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- freshly ground black pepper to season (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300 g tub prepared tabouleh salad
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 200 g tub reduced-fat tzatziki dip, to serve
- Process chickpeas, garlic, cumin and coriander in a food processor to form a paste.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, stir in shallots, tuna, flour and coriander. Season with pepper if desired.
- Press level tablespoons of mixture into small patties.
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick frypan. Add half the falafel patties. Cook over a medium-high heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel. Repeat step with remaining oil and falafel patties.
- Divide tabouleh, tuna falafel and lemon wedges between four containers. Serve with tzatziki.
- Tuna falafel patties can be cooked a day ahead. Keep refrigerated in a container.