Tuna falafel and tabouleh salad
- 400 g can chickpeas, rinse and drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 185 g can light tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- freshly ground black pepper to season (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300 g tub prepared tabouleh salad
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 200 g tub reduced-fat tzatziki dip, to serve
- Process chickpeas, garlic, cumin and coriander in a food processor to form a paste.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, stir in shallots, tuna, flour and coriander. Season with pepper if desired.
- Press level tablespoons of mixture into small patties.
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick frypan. Add half the falafel patties. Cook over a medium-high heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel. Repeat step with remaining oil and falafel patties.
- Divide tabouleh, tuna falafel and lemon wedges between four containers. Serve with tzatziki.
- Tuna falafel patties can be cooked a day ahead. Keep refrigerated in a container.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.