Tray roast eggplant & sweet potato with crispy chickpeas & spiced yoghurt
- 1 eggplant sliced 1cm thick rounds
- 2 sweet potato sliced 1cm thick rounds
- 1 red (Spanish) onion cut into thick wedges
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 400 g chickpeas (1 can) drained, rinsed and dried well
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- ½ tbsp sumac
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves picked
- 1 handful fresh dill
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas) and sunflower seeds toasted
- Preheat oven to 210°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Lay the sliced eggplant and sweet potato onto one of the baking trays and scatter the onion wedges. Brush the veggies with 3 tbsp of oil & season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the chickpeas with 2 tbsp olive oil, cumin and a little salt and pepper then scatter onto the other tray.
- Roast both trays for approx. 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are lightly coloured, cooked and the chickpeas are crisp. You may need to keep the chickpeas in for another 5-10 minutes.
- Combine the yoghurt, sumac, juice of ½ lemon and garlic in a bowl, seasoning to taste with a little salt and pepper.
- Layer the roast veggies onto a tray or serving platter and scatter with the chickpeas.
- Drizzle over the pomegranate molasses, spoon over the yoghurt and scatter with the herbs, seeds and serve with the remaining lemon to squeeze over.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.