Tomatoes stuffed with nuts, lamb and brown rice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300 g lamb mince
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup cooked brown low GI rice
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 6 large vine ripened tomatoes, centres hulled out
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook lamb mince, onion and garlic.
- Remove from the heat and stir through remaining ingredients for the filling.
- Spoon the filling into the tomatoes. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake until they are tender but not too soft.
- Cool slightly then serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.