Tofu Scramble with Kimchi
- 100 g firm tofu
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 slice Burgen bread, any type, toasted
- 1 g tasty cheddar, grated
- 1 serve kimchi, as per pack
- pinch turmeric
- pinch smoked paprika
- pinch black pepper
- Use store-bought kimchi, alternatively you can make your own homemade kimchi
- Gently squeeze the tofu between two pieces of paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible, then cut into cubes.
- Use a fork to crumble the tofu into small pieces. Add the olive oil, garlic, turmeric, paprika, and black pepper.Toss well to ensure the tofu is evenly coated.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat.Once nice and hot, add the tofu and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring regularly,until hot and cooked through. Remove frying pan from the heat and then add the cheese to your scramble. Stir for 30-60 seconds until melted through.
- Serve scrambled tofu on your slice of toast with a side of kimchi. Sprinkle chives (or fresh herb of your choice) over the top.