Tofu Scramble with Kimchi
- 100 g firm tofu
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 slice Burgen bread, any type, toasted
- 1 g tasty cheddar, grated
- 1 serve kimchi, as per pack
- pinch turmeric
- pinch smoked paprika
- pinch black pepper
- Use store-bought kimchi, alternatively you can make your own homemade kimchi
- Gently squeeze the tofu between two pieces of paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible, then cut into cubes.
- Use a fork to crumble the tofu into small pieces. Add the olive oil, garlic, turmeric, paprika, and black pepper.Toss well to ensure the tofu is evenly coated.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat.Once nice and hot, add the tofu and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring regularly,until hot and cooked through. Remove frying pan from the heat and then add the cheese to your scramble. Stir for 30-60 seconds until melted through.
- Serve scrambled tofu on your slice of toast with a side of kimchi. Sprinkle chives (or fresh herb of your choice) over the top.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.