Thick Cut Oven Baked Chips
- 400 g large Carisma potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- cracked black pepper
- pinch sea salt
- chilli flakes to taste (optional)
- Cut potatoes length ways into batons / thick chips. Place potatoes in warm salted water and boil for 2 minutes until still firm. Strain immediately and shake dry.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C. Arrange chips in a single layer on an oven tray lined with baking paper and coat with olive oil, toss. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked golden, turning occasionally to ensure an even colour. Add fresh thyme for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Season with cracked black pepper, salt and chilli flakes (optional) and serve. You can also serve with a harissa yogurt sauce as an optional dip.
Nutritional information (per serve)