Tex-Mex tofu soft tacos
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground sweet paprika
- dried chilli flakes Pinch
- ground black pepper
- 200 g red capsicum (pepper) diced
- ½ brown onion diced
- 2 cups cos lettuce leaves shredded
- 1 tomato diced
- lime wedge
- fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 300 g firm tofu
- 4 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 4 soft corn tortillas
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 60 g avocado diced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Drain the tofu, slice and press gently between two pieces of paper towel to remove the excess moisture.
- Combine the cumin, oregano, paprika and chilli in a medium bowl. Crumble the tofu slices into the spice blend and stir to coat.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and pop into the oven to warm.
- Heat half the extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and capsicum and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the remaining oil and the spiced tofu. Cook for 3 minutes until heated through. Season to taste with a little salt and pepper.
- Divide the tofu mixture, lettuce, tomato and avocado across the tortillas. Top each with a dollop of yoghurt, serve with lime wedges and fresh coriander. Alternatively, pop everything in bowls in the middle of the table and each person makes up their own.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.