Tarragon chicken and beans
- olive oil spray
- 480 g chicken thigh fillets boneless, skinless, fat trimmed (4 x 120g fillets)
- 2 red onions cut into wedges
- 2 celery sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 fresh tarragon plus extra leaves and flowers to serve
- 800 g borlotti beans, no added salt rinsed and drained (2 x 400g cans)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 400 g broccolini steamed
- Spray a large heavy-based saucepan with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion wedges and celery to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the onions have softened. Pour in the wine and stir until combined. Return the chicken to the pan, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the tarragon leaves, borlotti beans, evaporated milk and peas to the pan and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened and heated through.
- Sprinkle the chicken and beans with the extra tarragon and serve with the broccolini.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.