Sweet potato soup with feta and pine nuts
- 600 g orange sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock (salt reduced preferred)
- ½ tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 50 g raw pine nuts
- 100 g reduced fat feta, roughly crumbled
- 1 tbsp baby basil leaves, to serve
- 6 slices dark rye or gluten free bread, to serve
- Place the sweet potato, onion, ginger, chilli and stock in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until sweet potato is soft. Remove from heat and cool.
- While the soup is cooling, heat a small saucepan over low heat. Add the pine nuts and cook until golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Once cooled slightly, process the soup in batches in a food processor or blender and return to the pan.
- Heat again, then divide between bowls and top with feta cheese, basil leaves and pine nuts. Serve with dark rye bread.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.