Sweet Potato Pasta Bake with Spinach and Pine Nuts
- 350 g pasta penne or other
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion small, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 400 g sweet potato peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 zucchini coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced salt beef stock
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 50 g baby spinach leaves
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (40g) grated
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Cook pasta in a large pan of salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium pan on medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add beef and cook until browned, breaking up lumps with a spoon. Add sweet potato and zucchini. Cook for 2 minutes until softened slightly.
- Add paste, tomatoes, stock and thyme. Simmer, uncovered for 15-20 minutes until thickened slightly. Stir through spinach leaves until wilted.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced.
- Combine pasta and beef mixture in an 8-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with ricotta, parmesan and pine nuts. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.