Sweet Potato Muesli Bars
- 500 g sweet potato peeled, diced
- 2 cups oats or another preferred puffed grain
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup dates chopped
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1 cup pepita seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup almonds slivered
- Steam or boil the sweet potato until cooked and soft then drain and mash.
- Place into a mixing bowl and add the oats, cinnamon, salt, dates, cranberries, pepita seeds, coconut oil and ½ cup of honey or maple. Mix well and then spoon into a 12 x 30cm baking dish lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes then remove and drizzle with the 2tbsp of honey and press in the coconut and almonds.
- Bake again for 10 minutes then allow to cool before removing form the tray and cutting into bars. Bars keep in the fridge for 5 days.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.