Sweet Potato and Zucchini ‘Lasagne’
- 3 sweet potato thinly sliced into rounds
- 3 zucchini thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 garlic finely sliced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 800 g diced tomatoes (2 x 400g tin)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat an oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced sweet potato, zucchini, garlic oregano, 3 tbsp of the olive oil and onion. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1 tin of the tomato into a 7cm deep baking dish and spread across the bottom.
- Make layers of the sweet potato, zucchini, onion, parmesan and then some tomato, repeating the layers once more and finishing with sweet potato on top.
- Drizzle with the last 1 tbsp olive oil and season with a little more salt and pepper.
- Press a piece of baking paper on the top and bake for 1 hour. Remove the baking paper and return to the oven for 20 minutes. You may need to drizzle with a little more olive oil.
- Insert a knife to test if the ‘lasagne is ready, it should go in without any resistance. Once ready, serve with a simple salad and top with extra parmesan cheese.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.