Stuffed peppers with lamb, quinoa & lemon
- ⅓ cup quinoa rinsed and drained
- 70 g lean lamb mince
- ½ zucchini trimmed and shredded
- 1 tbsp Moroccan-style preserved lemon rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley Chopped
- 2 tsp dried currants
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 red capsicum (pepper) halved and seeded
- 1 ½ cups mixed salad leaves for serving
- Combine the quinoa and 2⁄3 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 12 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the quinoa, lamb, zucchini, preserved lemon, parsley, currants, and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon the quinoa mixture into the bell pepper halves and place them on the baking sheet or in an ovenproof skillet. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until the peppers are tender. Serve with the salad leaves alongside.
Energy per serve: 1498kJ Reprinted with permission from The Nordic Way: Discover The World’s Most Perfect Carb-to-Protein Ratio for Preventing Weight Gain or Regain, and Lowering Your Risk of Disease by arrangement Pam Krauss Books, an imprint of Penguin Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2017, Arne Astrup, Jennie Brand-Miller and Christian Bitz
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.
Nutritional information (per serve)
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 291mg | Fiber: 7g