- 8 mushrooms
- 3 slices sourdough bread
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- ⅓ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 50 g pine nuts
- 40 g walnuts chopped
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 80 g parmesan cheese finely grated
- Preheat oven to 200ºC fan-force. Trim the stalks from the mushrooms and finely chop. Tear the bread into coarse crumbs, Place in a large bowl and drizzle with oil. Add the chopped stalks, thyme, parsley, garlic, pine nuts, walnuts, lemon juice, zest and half the parmesan. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking tray, stalk side up. Divide the stuffing between the mushrooms and press down slightly. Bake for 20 minutes or until the stuffing is golden and the mushrooms cooked.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan to serve.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.