Strawberry yoghurt crunch
- 50 g mixed raw nuts such as cashews, peanuts, pistachios and almonds
- 15 g sunflower seeds
- 15 g pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 600 g low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 mango sliced
- 200 g fresh strawberries sliced
- 4 tsp low GI honey
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add the raw nuts and seeds. Dry-fry them for 1–2 minutes, stirring continuously until browned (take care as the nuts will burn very quickly). Remove from the heat and, when cool enough to handle, roughly chop with a large knife.
- Take four glasses and spoon a little yoghurt into the bottom of each one. Divide the mango slices between the glasses, top with another layer of yoghurt, then finish with a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Drizzle the honey over the strawberries and sprinkle the toasted nut and seed mixture over the top.
Recipes and image from The Low GI Cookbook, Hachette Australia.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.