Strawberry yoghurt crunch
- 50 g Mixed raw nuts, such as cashews, peanuts, pistachios and almonds
- 15 g Sunflower seeds
- 15 g Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 600 g Low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 Large mango, sliced
- 200 g Strawberries, sliced
- 4 tsp Pure floral honey
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add the raw nuts and seeds. Dry-fry them for 1–2 minutes, stirring continuously until browned (take care as the nuts will burn very quickly). Remove from the heat and, when cool enough to handle, roughly chop with a large knife.
- Take four glasses and spoon a little yoghurt into the bottom of each one. Divide the mango slices between the glasses, top with another layer of yoghurt, then finish with a layer of sliced strawberries.
- Drizzle the honey over the strawberries and sprinkle the toasted nut and seed mixture over the top.
Recipes and image from The Low GI Cookbook, Hachette Australia.
Nutritional information (per serve)