Scrambled egg with smoked salmon
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 80 ml (2 1/2 fl oz/ 1/3 cup) low fat milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) smoked salmon, chopped
- 30 g 30g (1 oz) baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 slices low GI grainy bread
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, pepper, chives and dill in a small bowl.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture and cook for about 30 seconds, or until the eggs start to set around the edges. Using a wooden spatula, gently fold the eggs over, then repeat the folding process until the eggs are just cooked. The eggs should be quite soft.
- Gently stir in the salmon and spinach until the salmon is heated through and the spinach is wilted. Serve the eggs on toasted grainy bread.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.