Scrambled egg with smoked salmon
10 minutes minutes
8 minutes minutes
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 80 ml reduced fat milk (2 1/2 floz/ 1/3 cup)
- ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh chives thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 100 g smoked salmon (3 1/2 oz), chopped
- 30 g baby spinach leaves 30g (1 oz), chopped
- 2 slices low GI grainy bread
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, pepper, chives and dill in a small bowl.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture and cook for about 30 seconds, or until the eggs start to set around the edges. Using a wooden spatula, gently fold the eggs over, then repeat the folding process until the eggs are just cooked. The eggs should be quite soft.
- Gently stir in the salmon and spinach until the salmon is heated through and the spinach is wilted. Serve the eggs on toasted grainy bread.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.