Salmon, ricotta and quinoa cups (gluten free)
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 fresh corn cob husk removed
- 6 large eggs
- 200 g reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 210 g can red salmon drained and flaked
- 1 cup grated zucchini (1 small-medium)
- 2 green shallots thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced fat tasty cheese grated
- Grease a 12-hole (1/3 cup capacity) non-stick or silicone muffin tray. Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced).
- Place quinoa and water in a small saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer covered for about 10 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Remove. Stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Cut corn kernels from the cob.
- Whisk the eggs and ricotta in a large bowl until combined. Stir in quinoa, corn, salmon, zucchini, shallots and grated cheese.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tray. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until set and light golden. Stand quinoa cups in muffin tray 10 minutes, then loosen edges and remove.
- Try serving quinoa cups warm with salad for a tasty gluten free lunch or light dinner. Swap salmon with 185g can light tuna in spring water, if preferred.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.