Salmon, ricotta and quinoa cups (gluten free)
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 fresh corn cob husk removed
- 6 large eggs
- 200 g reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 210 g can red salmon drained and flaked
- 1 cup grated zucchini (1 small-medium)
- 2 green shallots thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced fat tasty cheese grated
- Grease a 12-hole (1/3 cup capacity) non-stick or silicone muffin tray. Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced).
- Place quinoa and water in a small saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer covered for about 10 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Remove. Stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Cut corn kernels from the cob.
- Whisk the eggs and ricotta in a large bowl until combined. Stir in quinoa, corn, salmon, zucchini, shallots and grated cheese.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tray. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until set and light golden. Stand quinoa cups in muffin tray 10 minutes, then loosen edges and remove.
- Try serving quinoa cups warm with salad for a tasty gluten free lunch or light dinner. Swap salmon with 185g can light tuna in spring water, if preferred.
Nutritional information (per serve)