Roasted sweet potato & chicken tabouli salad
- 800 g sweet potato scrubbed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground sweet paprika
- 1 cup course bourghul rinsed
- 3 tomato halved
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint chopped
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic finely grated
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- Preheat oven 200°C fan forced. Cut sweet potato into 2cm cubes. Arrange in a greased roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with paprika and season with salt and pepper. Roast 15-20 minutes, stirring once, until golden and tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place burghul in large bowl. Squeeze the tomato halves over the burghul to release the seeds and juice. Stir then cover and stand for 15 minutes. Finely dice the tomato flesh, add to the burghul with the parsley, mint, green shallots, lemon juice, garlic and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season. Stir gently to combine.
- Stir the sweet potato and chicken into the salad. Serve.
- For a vegetarian option replace the chicken with a 400g can well drained chickpeas. Add them to the pan with the sweet potato in step 1 and roast together.
- For a light healthy lunch, spoon the salad into lettuce cups.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.