Roasted soy nuts
- 2 cups soybeans
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp ground sweet paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander (cilantro)
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- chilli powder (optional)
- Cover the soybeans with plenty of water and soak overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Drain soybeans and spread out on two non-stick oven trays. Roast in the oven for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the soybeans are golden brown. Remove from the oven and place in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the oil and drizzle over the soybeans. Mix well so that each soybean is coated. Sprinkle the soybeans with the ground spices, mixing well. Adjust to taste with salt and chilli. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for later use.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.