Roasted Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup
15 minutes minutes
30 minutes minutes
- 500 g carrots medium, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 1 sweet potato medium, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger chopped fresh ginger
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Greek yoghurt to garnish
- fresh flat-leaf parsley or dill or chives to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Peel carrot and sweet potato and chop into small chunks. Place onto non-stick baking trays and drizzle with olive oil. Massage vegetables with olive oil to evenly coat. Add a twist of sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast vegetables for approximately 30 minutes or until soft.
- Place roasted vegetables in a blender. Add vegetable stock and orange juice and blend. Add curry powder and ginger and continue to blend until smooth. If soup is too thick, add a little extra water.
- Garnish with Greek yoghurt and chopped fresh parsley, dill or chives if desired. Perfect for a winter warming lunch or dinner.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.