Roast ocean trout with quinoa tabouli
- 1 cup tri-coloured quinoa rinsed well
- 2 fresh sweetcorn cob
- ½ cup almonds roasted and crushed
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon and extra for serving
- 640 g ocean trout fillets skin off (4 x 160g fillet, from a responsible source)
- fresh dill
- fresh mint
- lemon wedges
- Place the quinoa in a pot, cover with 2 cups of cold water, bring to the boil then turn down and let simmer for 15 minutes. Take off the heat and let steam for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill plate or BBQ and cook the corn turning to chargrill on all sides, approx. 10 minutes.
- Cool then cut the corn kernels form the cob and place in a bowl with the cooked quinoa, almonds, tomatoes, herbs, and shallots. Dress this with 2 tbsp of olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat an oven to 190C. and line a baking tray with baking paper. Drizzle the ocean trout with 1 tbsp of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and gently rolled them over to coat in the oil.
- Lay them onto the lined baking tray and roast for approx. 6-7minutes then allow to rest for 2 minutes to gently finish cooking.
- While the fish rests, spoon the tabouli salad over a large plate or individual plates and top with the roast fish, scatter dill and mint and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.
- Serve the tabouli salad with the fish and extra lemon to squeeze over.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.