Roast lamb salad sandwich
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cabbage shredded (we used red and green)
- 1 cup carrot grated
- 2 tsp sesame seeds toasted
- 8 slices low GI multigrain sourdough bread
- 6 tbsp hummus (120g)
- 4 cos lettuce leaves
- 400 g roast lamb cooked and sliced
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- baby basil leaves to serve
- lemon wedge to serve
- Combine yoghurt and lemon in a bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and sesame seeds. Toss gently to coat.
- Spread each slice bread with 3 teaspoons hummus. Top with lettuce, cabbage salad (1/2 cup/60g) and lamb.
- Spoon over pesto, season with pepper. Sprinkle with basil leaves. Serve with lemon wedges.
- If you have leftover roast vegetables, roughly chop them and place on sandwich instead of cabbage salad.
- Chop any leftover lamb and vegetables and pile onto a wrap spread with hummus or eggplant dip or beetroot dip. Top with rocket or baby spinach. Delicious as is or toasted in a sandwich press.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.