Rice and sweetcorn salad with blueberries and pecans
- 1 1/2 cups Low GI brown rice
- 1/2 cup Chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- 2 Medium cobs fresh sweetcorn
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup Diced red onion
- 1/3 cup Diced celery
- 2 tbsp Chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup Fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp Finely grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- Cook both the rice according to directions on pack. Drain well and spread out in a thin layer on a tray to cool.
- Rest the tip of the cob on a cutting board at a 45 degree angle and run a sharp knife lengthways slicing off the kernels.
- Put into a large bowl with both rice, pecans, blueberries, onion, celery, and parsley.
- To make the dressing whisk together the orange juice, zest, olive oil and season to taste. Pour over salad and lightly toss before serving.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.