Raspberry ‘Red Velvet’ Smoothie
- 1/2 frozen medium banana (approx. 55g) or fresh banana, plus handful ice
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Complete Dairy High Protein milk (250ml)
- 100 g low fat plain Greek yoghurt
- 25 g Whole rolled oats (approx. ¼ cup)
- 3 tsp chia seeds
- extra unsweetened cocoa powder, to top (optional)
- Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth, then serve.
- HINT: Adding 50g peeled and chopped fresh beetroot complements this smoothie and can be an easy way to increase your vegetable intake.
- TIP: You may like to add a teaspoon of honey if you have any daily indulgences to spare.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.