Quinoa hazelnut porridge
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups reduced fat milk
- 1 red apple cored and chopped (skin on)
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- ½ cup hazelnuts roughly chopped
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan with the water and cinnamon. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add milk, apple and sultanas, cook for another 5minutes
- Stir in hazelnuts and serve immediately.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.