Pork with lemongrass, almonds and cashews
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 350 g pork fillet thinly sliced
- 1 lemongrass white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp cashews, raw
- 2 tbsp almonds, whole
- 2 onions cut into 3cm lengths
- 4 cups sliced mixed vegetables e.g. carrots, bok choy, snow peas, capsicum
- 1 long red chilli thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp salt reduced soy sauce, gluten free, if desired
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 cups rice noodles cooked, to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan.Stir fry the pork in batches until browned then remove and keep warm.
- Add the lemongrass, cashews, almonds, green onions,vegetables and chilli and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the lemongrass is soft.
- Return the pork to the wok, along with the combined lime juice, soy and brown sugar. Cook for a further 3 minutes then serve immediately with noodles.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.