Pistachio and raspberry muffins
- ½ cup pistachios, shelled
- 1 cup plain flour
- ⅓ cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana 220g, mashed
- 2 tbsp low GI honey
- ½ cup milk 235ml
- ¼ cup olive oil 60ml
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Add ins / toppings
- ¼ cup pistachios, shelled 35g
- 1½ cups raspberries frozen or fresh, 150g
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C and line 12x muffin tray with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Add ½ cup pistachios to a food processor and blend until a fine crumb. Add to a mixing bowl along with the remaining dry ingredients. Mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and add the remaining wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Add the remaining pistachios to a food processor and blend until roughly chopped.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, reserving a tablespoon, and stir until just combined. (A few lumps are ok). Coat the raspberries in the reserved dry ingredient mixture and gently fold into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the chopped pistachios and bake for 23-25 mins, or until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffins on a cooling rack to cool.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.