Pikelets with Yoghurt and Berries
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ cup MILO®
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 20 g margarine melted
- 1 cup reduced fat greek yoghurt
- 1 cup mixed berries fresh or frozen e.g. strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into bowl, stir in MILO®. Gradually stir in combined remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of mixture into hot greased pan. When bubbles appear on surface, turn over, cook other side.
- To serve, top with yoghurt and berries.
- Makes: 20 pikelets
One portion of 3 pikelets with yoghurt and berries provides 974kJ and 10.5g protein. Adjust the portion to 1-2 pikelets with the yoghurt and berries for younger children and less active adults. This MILO® pikelets recipe helps provide a nutritional boost for active kids and adults. TIP:
Use MILO® XTRA to boost the choc-malt flavour and protein content of the pikelets.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.