Pearl Couscous with Roast Chicken and Vegetables
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fresh rosemary finely cut
- 12 baby carrots unpeeled, well washed
- 500 g butternut pumpkin cut into 12 pieces
- 2 whole roast chicken
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 400 g pearl couscous
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- fresh coriander (cilantro) to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- In a large bowl mix 2 tbsp of the olive oil with the rosemary, carrots and pumpkin and toss well together. Spread the carrots and pumpkin in a roasting tray lined with baking paper. Place in the oven and cook for 45 mins, turning the vegetables around.
- Pour the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add curry powder, pearl couscous and a little salt and pepper and the hot chicken stock. Bring to a low simmer, cover with a lid and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Stir in parsley and transfer the couscous to a serving platter.
- Top pearl couscous with roast vegetables, sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve with portioned roast chicken.
Please note the serving size listed is to be used as a guide only. Consider your own individual nutrient and carbohydrate requirements and adjust the serving size as required. If you are unsure of your requirements consult an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for personalises advice.